The Spring 2020 Psychology Major Applications are now open.
Upcoming Application Deadlines
Spring 2020: Friday, March 6, 2020 at 5:00pm
Summer 2020: Friday, July 3, 2020 at 5:00pm
Fall 2020: Friday, October 2, 2020 at 5:00pm
Students who were admitted to UC Berkeley as freshmen since Fall 2018 apply using this link. (Green Path Application)
Students who were admitted to UC Berkeley as freshmen in Fall 2016 through Spring 2018 and students admitted as transfers in Spring 2017 through Spring 2019 apply using this link. (Purple Path Application)
Students admitted prior to Fall 2014 (blue, yellow and orange paths) may still be eligible to apply to the major. For instructions on how to apply, contact the Psychology Student Services Office at email@example.com.
If you've previously submitted an application and want to reapply, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students may submit the major application during the semester that they are completing the prerequisites. You do not need to have all prerequisite grades posted to CalCentral in order to apply to the major, though we will not be able to admit you to the major until prerequisite grades are posted and we can make a full review of your application.
- If any of the criteria are not met, students may still be admitted to the major; however, there is no guarantee. Please understand that applications will not be processed until all prerequisite courses are complete and final grades have been posted. This may mean that you will not technically be admitted to the major until the beginning of the following semester.
- Transfer students must apply in their first semester at UC Berkeley in order to be eligible for guaranteed admission to the major. Students admitted as freshmen may apply in their third, fourth, or fifth semester at Cal. We do not accept applications from first-year students.
NOTE: We accept unofficial transcripts when applying to the major. To access unofficial transcripts on CalCentral, go to My Academics and click on View Academic Summary. Then, by clicking "Print", you can save the unofficial transcript as a PDF.
Advice to Pre-major students
Students who intend to declare the Psychology major are encouraged to visit the Student Services Office periodically during each semester to consult an advisor, to obtain departmental literature, and to review the undergraduate bulletin boards for current information. Pre-majors are encouraged to become involved in departmental student activities and events, such as:
- Visit the Student Services Office periodically during each semester to consult an advisor, to obtain departmental literature, and to review the undergrduate bulletin boards for current information
- Join the Psychology Majors bCourses to receive email notifications about psychology related events and opportunities. Request access by emailing email@example.com.
- Enroll in the Personal Development in Psychology DeCal course periodically offered by the PsychologiCal committee
- Take a freshman or sophomore seminar with a faculty member from the Psychology Department.
- Follow us on social media!