- This is a sample program plan. This plan assumes that the student has completed the Entry Level Writing and American History and Institutions requirements prior to admission.
- Students are strongly advised to work with an academic adviser to determine a personal program plan. Your program plan will differ depending on previous credit received, your course schedule, and available offerings.
- Declare major the spring term of second year.
- Students should also understand that while L&S Breadth requirements can be shuffled around within the plan, that is not the case for the lower-division prerequisites for the major. For majors with additional requirements for declaration, there is a limited window of eligibility for guaranteed admission.
- All course are subject to change every semester. Students must check the Online Schedule of Classes (schedule.berkeley.edu) for the most up-to-date course offerings.
Sample Four Year Plan
|Psych 1 (SBS Breadth)||3||Psych/MCB C61 (BS Breadth)||3|
|Reading & Composition A||4||Reading & Composition B||4|
|DeCal of interest||2||Stats 2||4|
|L&S Breadth||3||L&S Breadth||3|
|Freshman Seminar||1||Freshman Seminar||1|
|Sociology 3AC (Amer Cult Reqt)||4||Psych 101||4||Internship or|
|Language course||5||Language course||5||Study Abroad?|
|Explore another major course||3||L&S Breadth||3|
|Philos 3 (PV Breadth)||3||L&S Breadth||3|
|UD Psych Tier 2 (1 of 5)||3||UD Psych Tier 2 (3 of 5)||3||Internship or|
|UD Psych Tier 2 (2 of 5)||3||UD Psych Tier 2 (4 of 5)||3||Study Abroad?|
|LD/UD Elective||3||LD/UD Elective||4|
|LD/UD Elective||4||UD Elective outside major dept||3|
|Research (1-3)||2||Research (1-3)||3|
|UD Psych Tier 2 (5 of 5)||3||UD Psych Tier 3 (2 of 3)||3|
|UD Psych Tier 3 (1 of 3)||3||UD Psych Tier 3 (3 of 3)||3|
|UD Elective outside major dept||3||LD/UD Elective||4|
|UD Elective||4||UD Elective||3|
|Research (1-3)||2||Research (1-3)||2|
|Total Units (4 yrs):||120|
It may be possible for some students to finish the Psychology degree early. For students interested in the accelerated plan, please keep in mind that you might lose opportunities to participate in research training which could limit post-graduate options. Moreover, participation in off-campus programs, extra-curricular and co-curricular activities, study abroad programs, internships, and department student organizations will be limited as well. If you are interested in considering the possibility, you may review one of the sample plans below.