The UC Berkeley Psychology Clinic strives to provide the best available psychological therapies that are affordable and cost-effective to the larger Bay Area community and beyond. These therapy interventions are demonstrated by the research to be effective for improving mental health conditions and are individually-tailored to meet the unique needs of each person. Common issues addressed in our clinic include, but are not limited to, the following: depression, anxiety, grief & bereavement, trauma, sleep and other health concerns, relationship and family issues, school problems, parenting difficulties, and significant life transitions.
We provide a wide range of services, including those for the following:
- Children & Adolescents
- Parents & Caregivers
We serve a diverse range of clients and strive to ensure that therapy is effective in addressing clinical concerns. See below for a recent summary about who we serve and how our clients fare through our therapy services.
Our clients have also shared with us what they found the most helpful in therapy:
- "Having a therapist who was compassionate, intuitive, and an amazing listener. I felt truly seen."
- "Tools that help me cope with my anxiety and overwhelming emotions."
- "Having a consistent space to talk about my feelings, problem-solve, have someone affirm what I was feeling, and gain tools to better address problems."
- "My therapist made it comfortable for me to express myself fully and I felt understood."
Center for Assessment
The UC Berkeley Psychology Clinic provides high quality assessments and evaluations at a reduced fee based on household income. This can include testing and other forms of information gathering to answer questions related to struggles in school or work, difficulties concentrating, recent changes in cognitive functioning and performance, and other social, interpersonal, or emotional concerns.
In the past, the UC Berkeley Psychology Clinic has provided a wide range of assessments, including the following:
- Dyslexia & Learning Differences
- Child/Adolescent Behavioral, Emotional and School Problems
- Mild Cognitive Impairment & Other Neuropsychological Assessment
- Personality & Other Psychological Assessment
Unfortunately, we cannot conduct evaluations that are part of any court or legal proceedings. There may also be certain clinical concerns that we are unable to assess. If you are completing an assessment with us to determine whether you are eligible for accommodations through a specific organization, please notify the clinician of those needs at the intake and bring along information about any specific tests the organization requires, along with any past reports that have been completed. This will allow us to complete an as thorough assessment as possible. Note that if testing has been completed recently or is currently being conducted elsewhere, we may not be able to offer an assessment. We are happy to discuss this more with you during our phone screen to answer your questions about this process and to determine fit.