** Spring 2018 Psychology Major Application Now Closed **
Upcoming Application Deadlines
Summer 2018: Friday, July 6, 2018 at 5:00pm
Fall 2018: Friday, October 5, 2018 at 5:00pm
Spring 2019: Friday, March 1, 2019 at 5:00pm
Students who were admitted to UC Berkeley as freshmen in Fall 2016 through Spring 2018 and students admitted as transfers in Spring 2017 through Spring 2018 apply using this link. (Purple Path Application)
Students who were admitted to UC Berkeley as freshmen between Fall 2014 and Spring 2016 and students admitted as transfers in Fall 2015 or Spring 2016 apply using this link. (Blue Path Application)
Students admitted prior to Fall 2014 (yellow and orange paths) may still be eligible to apply to the major. For instructions on how to apply, contact the Psychology Student Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. If any of the criteria are not met, students may still be admitted to the major; however, there is no guarantee. Please understand that applications will not be processed until all prerequisite courses are complete and final grades have been posted. This may mean that you will not technically be admitted to the major until the beginning of the following semester.
2. Transfer students must apply in their first semester at UC Berkeley. Freshman may apply no earlier than their third semester, regardless of prerequisite completion. For most students, this means the fall following their first year at UC Berkeley.
*NOTE: We accept unofficial transcripts when applying to the major. To access unofficial transcripts on CalCentral, go to My Academics and click on View Academic Summary. Then, by clicking "Print", you can save the unofficial transcript as a PDF.
*If you've previously submitted an application and want to reapply, please send us an email at email@example.com
Advice to Pre-major students
Students who intend to declare the Psychology major are encouraged to visit the Student Services Office periodically during each semester to consult the Undergraduate Advisor and Peer Advisors, to obtain departmental literature, and to review the undergraduate bulletin boards for current information. Pre-majors are encouraged to become involved in departmental student activities and events, such as:
- Join the Psychology Majors bCourses to receive email notifications about psychology related events and opportunities. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and an advisor will add you.
- Enroll in the Student Success at Cal Part I DE-Cal course periodically offered by the Association of Psychology Undergraduates (APU).
- "Like" us on the UC Berkeley Psychology Page on Facebook: (http://www.facebook.com/berkeleypsych) to meet other UCB folks interested in Psychology.
Take a freshman or sophomore seminar with a faculty member from the Psychology Department.