Summer 2017: Friday, July 7, 2017 at 5:00pm
Fall 2017: Friday, October 6, 2017 at 5:00pm
Spring 2018: Friday, March 2, 2018 at 5:00pm
Summer 2017 Major Application
Click here to begin the online application if you were admitted as a Freshman in Fall 2016 or later (Purple Form).
Click here to begin the online application if you were admitted as a Freshman between Fall 2014 through Spring 2016 (Blue Form).
If you were admitted prior to Fall 2014 as a Freshman or as a transfer student, please contact our office for information about your eligibility to apply.
Applications must be submitted by 5:00pm on Friday, July 7.
1. If any of the criteria are not met, students may still be admitted to the major; however, there is no guarantee. Please understand that applications will not be processed until all prerequisite courses are complete and final grades have been posted. This may mean that you will not technically be admitted to the major until the beginning of the following semester.
2. Transfer students must apply in their first semester at UC Berkeley. Freshman may apply no earlier than their third semester, regardless of prerequisite completion. For most students, this means the fall following their first year at UC Berkeley.
*NOTE: We accept unofficial transcripts when applying to the major.
Advice to Pre-major students
Students who intend to declare the Psychology major are encouraged to visit the Student Services Office periodically during each semester to consult the Undergraduate Advisor and Peer Advisors, to obtain departmental literature, and to review the undergraduate bulletin boards for current information. Pre-majors are encouraged to become involved in departmental student activities and events, such as:
- Join the Psychology Majors bCourses (http://www.bcourses.berkeley.edu) to receive email notifications about psychology related events and opportunities.
- Enroll in the Student Success at Cal Part I DE-Cal course periodically offered by the Association of Psychology Undergraduates (APU).
- "Like" us on the UC Berkeley Psychology Page on Facebook: (http://www.facebook.com/berkeleypsych) to meet other UCB folks interested in Psychology.
Take a freshman or sophomore seminar with a faculty member from the Psychology Department.