The Spring 2017 major application is now available. Please complete and submit the online application by 5pm on March 3rd.
Students admitted to UC Berkeley as freshmen and transfer students in Fall 2016: http://psychology.berkeley.
Students admitted to UC Berkeley as freshmen in Fall 2014 and as transfer students admitted in Fall 2015: http://psychology.berkeley.
Students admitted to UC Berkeley as freshmen on or before Spring 2014 and as transfer students on or before Spring 2015: http://psychology.berkeley.
Summer 2016: Friday, July 1, 2016
Fall 2016: Friday, October 7, 2016 at 5:00pm
Spring 2017: Friday, March 3, 2017
1. If any of the above criteria are not met, students may still be admitted to the major; however, there is no guarantee. Please understand that applications will not be processed until all prerequisite courses are complete and final grades have been posted. This may mean that you will not technically be admitted to the major until the beginning of the following semester.
2. Transfer students are encouraged to submit applications during CalSO if all prerequisites are satisfied, or will be satisfied by the end of the summer. If prerequisites are not satisfied, please speak with an undergraduate major advisor to discuss ways in which to complete all courses by the end of the first semester. Eligibility to apply to the major for transfer students begins and ends on their first semester here at UC Berkeley.
3. Freshman may apply no earlier than their third semester, regardless of prerequisite completion. For most students, this means the fall following their first year at UC Berkeley.
*NOTE: We accept unofficial transcripts when applying to the major.
Advice to Pre-major students
Students who intend to declare the Psychology major are encouraged to visit the Student Services Office periodically during each semester to consult the Undergraduate Advisor and Peer Advisors, to obtain departmental literature, and to review the undergraduate bulletin boards for current information. Pre-majors are encouraged to become involved in departmental student activities and events, such as:
- Join the Psychology Majors bCourses (http://www.bcourses.berkeley.edu) to receive email notifications about psychology related events and opportunities.
- Enroll in the Student Success at Cal Part I DE-Cal course periodically offered by the Association of Psychology Undergraduates (APU).
- "Like" us on the UC Berkeley Psychology Page on Facebook: (http://www.facebook.com/berkeleypsych) to meet other UCB folks interested in Psychology.
Take a freshman or sophomore seminar with a faculty member from the Psychology Department.