Become a Peer Advisor
Application Due: Friday, December 1
Are you excited about Psychology and eager to assist your peers? Do you have an interest in Counseling or Student Affairs?
Psychology Peer Advising is a great program to get involved in! We are looking for students who are very enthusiastic about the major and, are passionate about helping our students be successful during their time at UC Berkeley. Peer advisors provide the perspective of an upper-division student and share their strategies for academic success and knowledge of department resources and programs. Besides advising, you will also participate in events like CalDay, Major Madness, and Psych Commencement Ceremony.
Peer advisors will earn 1-3 units of Psych 198 based on the following criteria:
- - Must be able work 3-9 hours per week of walk-up advising in 3305 Tolman.
- - Must be able to dedicate 6 hours of advising during their first semester as a peer adviser.
- - Must take the lead on your own project or workshop to be completed during the semester (e.g. course recommendation workshop, research, etc).
- - Must be responsible, reliable, and sensitive to student needs.
- - Must be available to volunteer at CalDay on April 21st and Commencement on May 16, 2017.
Applications are due at noon on Friday, December 1st. Click here to download a copy of the application.
We strongly encourage applications from juniors, transfer students, and Psychology Honors students.
Spring 2018 Psychology Department Commencement
Wednesday May 16, 2018
Save the date for the Psychology Department Commencement in the Spring. For preliminary information, please visit our webpage here. More information will be forthcoming mid-Spring semester.
Students who are graduating in December may also participate in the General Commencement on December 17. More information about the General Commencement is available on their website here: https://commencement.berkeley.edu/ Students wishing to participate in the Winter Commencement must sign up online by November 20 to be listed in the printed program.
Tickets sales online are now open.
placeInternship and Volunteering Opportunities