Here are some important updates/deadlines to keep in mind for this week:
1. Psych Pal's
Meet our psych pals Manu! He is a very loyal companion to our friend Marisa. Manu is 11 years old, and his birthday is on 4/29/11. A fun fact about him is that his favorite treat is cheese:) Marisa told us that Manu brightens her whole world just by being him.
2. $ for Grad School-Beinecke Scholarship (2023–2024)
Application deadline: January 27, 2023
The Beinecke Scholarship provides $35,000 ($5,000 prior to graduate study and $15,000 per year) for two years of graduate study in the arts, humanities, or social sciences. The program seeks to encourage and enable highly motivated students to pursue opportunities available to them and to be courageous in the selection of a graduate course of study. For more information, please visit here.
- be a U.S. citizen or national
- be a "Junior" planning to receive a baccalaureate degree between Dec 2023 and Aug 2024
- have demonstrated superior academic achievement (typically 3.5 GPA or higher)
- be planning to enter a research-focused master’s or doctoral program or MFA in the arts, humanities, or social sciences (not including neuroscience or professional degrees)
- have a documented history of receiving need-based financial aid as an undergraduate
Students interested in learning more about the Beinecke Scholarship are encouraged to make an individual advising appointment with Keila Diehl (email@example.com).
3. John Gardner Public Service Fellowship
4. Psych Advising Fall 2022 Virtual Drop-Ins
Have questions? Need support? Come to our drop-in services with both undergraduate major advisers and peer advisers support. Feel free to look at our advising page for more details.
Drop in’s link for Fall 2022: https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/93064138093
Meeting ID: 930 6413 8093
**The week of 11/14 will be the last week of peer advising led drop ins**
5. Health Tip
placeInternship and Volunteering Opportunities