Psychology Commencement Registration Is Now Open!
Please register here by 4pm on March 24th.
Information about the commencement speaker and ticket sales will be forthcoming. Updates about the Psychology Commencement can be found on the Psychology Commencement website.
COMMENCEMENT PARTICIPATION VS. DEGREE LIST:
Students sometimes think that these two things are the same. CalCentral has automatically added each student to their anticipated semester to receive their degree based on your semester at UC Berkeley. If you plan to graduate early or stay for the summer/another semester, please see a college adviser. Being on the degree list means that you plan to complete all of your requirements for the degree.
By signing up for commencement to participate in the ceremony means that you are ready to celebrate your time at Cal with your loved ones. Students participate even though they finished their degree last December 2016; some participate in the May 2017 ceremony even if you plan to earn an August 2017 or December 2017 degree!
GENERAL COMMENCEMENT VS. DEPARTMENT COMMENCEMENT:
Commencement, the campuswide ceremony for all graduating seniors from all majors and their families, includes the Chancellor's address, keynote address, and most of the traditional pomp and circumstance. Departmental graduations occur separately within their discipline and are more personal, with each graduate walking across stage to receive a commemorative certificate.
Psychology Student Services Workshop: Course Suggestion Workshop (March 22, 5-6pm in 3105 Tolman Hall)
- *Fall 2017 course listing will not be disclosed prior the event.*
- UPCOMING DEADLINE: Changing Grading Option (March 24th)
Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass
The last day to change your grading option is on Friday, March 24th. You may change your grading option from letter grade to P/NP AND also from P/NP to letter grade using CalCentral.
Please carefully consider all of your options or consult with our office or the College of Letters and Science (206 Evans) if you have any questions before making this change. L&S WILL NOT allow you to switch back after this deadline. Keep this following information in mind when doing so:
- ALL courses that will fulfill Psychology major requirements, both lower and upper division, *MUST* be taken for a letter grade.
A passing grade in ANY Psychology course used to fulfill major requirements is D-, as long as the following conditions are met:
- your overall Psych major GPA is 2.0 or above;
- your Psych upper-division GPA is 2.0 or above.
- Any other Psych courses that you change to P/NP in which you receive a P may not be repeated for a letter grade and used towards the major in the future. You must opt for a different course.
- If you have already fulfilled all major requirements and are taking Psych courses beyond the required upper-division courses, you are welcome to take those excess courses as P/NP as long as all major requirements have already been fulfilled.
- Additional information regarding P/NP courses can be found here: https://ls.berkeley.edu/advising/academic-progress/grades/passednot-pass...
Again, questions regarding courses outside of the Psychology major may be directed to L&S.
placeInternship and Volunteering Opportunities