Weekly Opportunities - October 31, 2016
- 168 Seminar Application: Toward a Science of Diverse Communities. Complete application and turn into the Student Services Office (3305 Tolman Hall) by Friday December 2nd, 4pm. Spots are limited as Professor Claude Steele will review applications and determine final enrollment. Students will be notified of enrollment before the holiday curtailment begins.
- 128 Seminar Application: Probabilistic Models of Cognition. Complete application and turn into the Student Services Office (3305 Tolman Hall) by Friday December 2nd, 4pm. Spots are limited as Professor Griffiths will review applications and determine final enrollment. Students will be notified of enrollment before the holiday curtailment begins.
- Swan Undergraduate Research Award: Any undergraduate major in Psychology at the University of California, Berkeley is eligible to apply. To apply, you must complete the attached application, which involves writing a research proposal in the format for proposals to the National Science Foundation. Please submit application to the Psychology Student Services Office by Friday, November 4th at 4pm. Funding decisions will be made by the faculty of the Undergraduate Award Committee and will be announced in mid-December.
As you may know, there is a credit restriction for Psych 110 after completing MCB/Psych C61 beginning Fall 2016 semester. Many of you stopped by our office inquiring about the credit restriction if an equivalent course of MCB/Psych C61 was completed from a community college. After conferring with my colleague at the Office of the Registrar, he confirmed the set-up of Psych 110 and MCB/Psych C61 is as follows:
- If a student has transfer work that is articulated to MCB/Psych C61 as posted on assist.org website (e.g. Psych 24 from De Anza), then students will NOT receive any credit in Psych 110. Students must take Psych 117 or C127 to meet the Tier II Biological requirement.
- If the biological psychology course was accepted by the Psychology department but the course is NOT articulated on assist.org website, then students may take Psych 110 to fulfill the Tier II Biological requirement.
- Please make sure to verify the course articulation through assist.org website. If you have any questions, please feel free to stop by our office.
placeInternship and Volunteering Opportunities