Become a Peer Advisor
Application Due: Friday, December 1
Are you excited about Psychology and eager to assist your peers? Do you have an interest in Counseling or Student Affairs?
Psychology Peer Advising is a great program to get involved in! We are looking for students who are very enthusiastic about the major and, are passionate about helping our students be successful during their time at UC Berkeley. Peer advisors provide the perspective of an upper-division student and share their strategies for academic success and knowledge of department resources and programs. Besides advising, you will also participate in events like CalDay, Major Madness, and Psych Commencement Ceremony.
Peer advisors will earn 1-3 units of Psych 198 based on the following criteria:
- Must be able work 3-9 hours per week of walk-up advising in 3305 Tolman.
- Must be able to dedicate 6 hours of advising during their first semester as a peer adviser.
- Must take the lead on your own project or workshop to be completed during the semester (e.g. course recommendation workshop, research, etc).
- Must be responsible, reliable, and sensitive to student needs.
- Must be available to volunteer at CalDay on April 21st and Commencement on May 16, 2017.
Applications are due at noon on Friday, December 1st. Click here to download a copy of the application.
We strongly encourage applications from juniors, transfer students, and Psychology Honors students.
Got a question? Ask a Peer!
Peer Advisors are junior and senior Psychology majors who complement the SSO advising services by sharing their knowledge of and experience with lower division requirements and upper division classes, experience with student groups on campus, preparation for life beyond the bachelor's degree, and use of various campus resources.
Peer Advisors are available Monday-Friday 9am-12pm, and 1-4pm, starting on the first day of each semester and ending on the last day of classes.
The Peer Advisors can also be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.